I detest crowded dance floors. I think there has got to be some semblance of personal space, especially in mambo.
And I really really hate it, when ang mohs who cannot appreciate mambo appear there and spoil the night. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them in general. Just that probably some of them think they own the club, and act like they really do.
When they were like chatting up every single female on the dance floor, I don't really give a damn, cuz it aint my business. When they started invading the podiums, and forcing all the mambo regulars off the podium, it was a bit pissifying, because that somehow spoilt the night for many avid mambo fans. Apparently they do not know whats the significance of wednesday nights in zouk.
And yesterday, one fat ass really blew it.
I was coming down from the washroom inside Zouk, and I realised my path to the dance floor was blocked by this huge man. I mean, he makes Moses Lim look like mini-me. Anyway, he was gyrating his humongous posterior to the music. And given his immense bulk, that essentially sealed off the entire entrance to the dance floor. I mean, getting high and loosening up is perfectly fine to me. So is being fat, really. I am fat. Ok, back to the point. So me, being the ever polite, patient and courteous me, tapped his shoulder and asked him, "hi, can you excuse me please?" He rotated his hefty frame towards me, and told me, "Sorry, no."
I got a shock. Ok maybe the music was too loud, and he did not quite catch what I was trying to say. With great patience, I repeated myself, " Hi, can you excuse me please?" Again he rotated his huge frame around, gave me a sneer, and said, "NO!" Then he turned back and continued his grizzly bear dance.
I was like, " WHAT THE FUCK!" I mean seriously, what the fuck. If I had drank a bit more, I would probably have given him a punch right in the face. Luckily I was still sober. I mean, like seriously, can anyone be more uncultured, more rude, and more childish? Pisses me off just thinking about it.
Please, Wednesday nights at Zouk has special significance for the regulars. In every place, there are rules, some writtten, others unwritten. Respect that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home